Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies
Celebrate Valentine’s Day this year with a batch of these Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies, perfect for all our cookie lovers!
Make a batch of these festive & fun heart-shaped cookies with our Sugar Cookie Dough.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles
- Gluten free flour, for sprinkling
- Remove Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough from the fridge and soften about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 325°F and flour your work surface with 1-2 tablespoons of flour.
- As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie dough portions together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
- Grab your rolling pin and start rolling. Roll the dough out until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Using your cookie cutters, cut out your cookies into heart shapes and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Once you have all your cookies cut out, place the tray into the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or freeze for 5 minutes, until the dough feels hard to the touch.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the cookies cool, melt chocolate & coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat or microwave until melted, at 30 second intervals.
- Dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles.
Place dipped cookies on a wire baking rack or parchment-lined baking sheet & set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!