- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 package Color Kitchen Naturally Colorful Pink Frosting Mix (or icing of your choice with pink food coloring)
- 1 Color Kitchen Naturally Colorful Orange Frosting Mix (or icing of your choice with orange food coloring)
- Colorful sprinkles
- Flower-shaped cookie cutters
- Remove Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough from the refrigerator and let the dough soften about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven or toaster oven to 325°F.
- Flour your work surface.
- As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie portions together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
- Grab your rolling pin and start rolling until the dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Using your flower cookie cutters, cut out your cookies and place on a nonstick cookie sheet, using parchment paper will make your clean up a breeze. Note: If your sheet isn’t non-stick and you are not using parchment paper, we recommend using a non-stick spray.
- Once you have all your cookies cutout, place the tray(s) into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or blast them in the freezer for a few minutes, until the dough feels hard to the touch.
- Place them into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes for a chewy cookie or 13-15 minutes for a crispy cookie. Since ovens do vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed till your desired cookie.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Prepare the Color Kitchen icing according to package directions or use another homemade or store-bought icing, dyed pink & orange.
- Spoon 1/2 tbsp icing into the center of a cooled cookie and spread out with a knife or spoon until it covers most of the cookie base. Decorate with sprinkles. Repeat with the rest of the cookies & enjoy!
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Gluten Free, Sweet Loren’s