Lemon Bar Cookie Cups
When life hands you lemons, make lemon bar cookie cups.
All you need are a few simple ingredients, including our Sugar Cookie Dough to bring this beautiful and delicious dessert to life. Follow these easy steps listed below.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup lemon curd (homemade or store-bought)
- ¾ cup whipped cream (can use dairy whipped cream or coconut whipped cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Fill the 24-count mini cupcake pan(s) with mini muffin liners. You can skip this step if using a silicone pan.
Break each cookie portion into 2 pieces and press one piece into the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Repeat with remaining cookie dough until all 24 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies have risen and edges are lightly golden.
- Cool pan for at least 25 minutes. If the sides of each cookie aren’t flat, press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of lemon curd into each mini cupcake cavity. Refrigerate the lemon cookie cups for at least 2 hours.
Pop each lemon cookie cups out of the pan. Top the mini lemon cup with a dollop of whipped cream and lemon zest before serving. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store covered in the fridge for up to one week (without whipped cream).