Fruit Cookie Pizza with Strawberry Glaze
The best kind of pizza is dessert pizza! Thank you to our friend Courtney, @whatcourtneycooks, for sharing this Fruit Cookie Pizza with Strawberry Glaze!
Recipe & images by Courtney, @whatcourtneycooks.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Assorted berries of choice
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Allow Sugar Cookie Dough to soften at room temperature.
- Mold cookie dough portions into a large ball and then place onto the prepared cookie sheet and press down into a large pizza pie shape, about ¼-inch in thickness.
- Bake the large pizza cookie for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Meanwhile, prepare the strawberry glaze by mashing the strawberries in a medium bowl. Then, combine them in a medium pot with the sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Once cooked & cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Next, make the cream cheese frosting. In an electric stand mixer or handheld mixer beat together the butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla, about 3 minutes until softened and creamy.
Once the cookie crust is cooled, spread a generous amount of the frosting over the pizza. Then, top with the strawberry glaze and decorate with berries. Enjoy!