Bunny Tail Cookies
We can’t get enough of these adorable Bunny Tail Cookies made using our Sugar Cookie Dough.
We hope you enjoy recreating these Bunny Tail Cookies at home with some bunny special!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2-4 tablespoons flour (for work surface)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- Pink pastel food coloring
- 2 teaspoons water
- Mini marshmallows or mini white candies
- Mini pink jelly beans or other mini pink candies
You’ll also need:
- Rolling pin
- 2 ½ or 3-inch circle cookie cutter (or a glass cup works too)
- Mini circle cookie cutter, optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Flour your work surface.
- As soon as the dough is soft, combine the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes flat and easy to roll.
- Grab your rolling pin and start rolling until dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Using your large circle cookie cutter cut out your cookies and place on a nonstick cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper for easier clean up. Note: If your sheet isn’t non-stick and you are not using parchment paper, we recommend using a non-stick spray. Mold cookie dough scraps back into a ball, roll out the dough, and cut into small circles. Use your thumbs to form these small circle cookies into oval shapes. You should have 6-8 large circles and 12-16 mini oval shaped cookies.
- Once you have all your cookies cut out, place your tray(s) into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or in the freezer for 5 minutes, until the dough feels hard to the touch.
- Now its time to bake! Place your trays into the oven for 11-13 minutes. Since ovens do vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed, and until your cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Combine the confectioners sugar with 2 teaspoons water in a medium bowl. Mix until thick and smooth. Place 2/3 of your icing into one bowl and add pink pastel food coloring. Leave 1/3 white icing in separate bowl.
- Spread the pink buttercream icing onto the cooled large circle cookies.
- Next, spread the white icing onto the mini oval cookies (aka, the bunny’s “feet”).
- Place two of the iced oval cookies onto the bottom half of the pink-iced cookies.
- Place a mini marshmallow or white candy in the center right above the two mini cookies.
- Decorate the “feet” with the mini pink jelly beans/candies.
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.