This beautiful Apple & Honey Tart features our Sugar Cookie Dough as the crust and two of our favorite fall flavors, apples and honey.
This dessert is perfect for your Rosh Hashanah celebrations! We wish you a happy and healthy Sweet New Year.Print
- 1 and 1/2 packages Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 4 apples (we used Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples)
- Juice of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Place the Sugar Cookie Dough portions evenly around the pie dish then press it evenly into the bottom.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- While the crust is cooling, slice the apples into ¼ inch slices. Place the apple slices into a pot with the lemon juice and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, then simmer the apples for 5 minutes.
- Strain the apples and set aside to cool. Arrange the cooked apples in the pie crust, and drizzle with honey in between each layer.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon after baking. Serve with drizzled honey. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container or covered with foil in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Gluten Free, Sweet Loren’s