- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- ⅓ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use a regular 10-inch pan.
- Once oil is hot, add sliced apples with cinnamon. Saute over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until a bit softened.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the apples and cook another 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with apple juice. Mix in vanilla extract. Turn the stovetop heat off.
- Use your spatula or tongs to arrange the partially cooked apples in an even layer in the cast-iron skillet. If you’re using a non-oven safe pan, you can transfer this mixture to a greased 8” baking pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough with rolled oats. Mix until it forms a crumbly topping mixture
- Sprinkle the cookie-oat mixture over the top of the cooked apples.
- Bake in a 325F oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy as is or with a scoop of ice cream.
Store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Gluten Free, Sweet Loren's