Fudgy Brownie Coconut Cookie Bites
“Treat yourself to these gluten free and vegan Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites. Layered with Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownies, shredded coconut, and topped with chocolate and almonds. These cookie bites are so delicious, and are my cookie version of an Almond Joy Bar!”
Quote and recipe by Marissa Wong, @itsallgoodvegan
For more recipes by Marissa, visit her website itsallgoodvegan.com
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Cough
- 1 ½ cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 ¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 12 whole almonds, for the top of the cookie bites (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Press one portion of Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough in each one of the muffin tins, for a total of 12 cookies. Use the bottom of a cup or large spoon to flatten the cookie dough.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the shredded coconut, vanilla, syrup, salt, melted coconut oil and mix.
- Remove cookies out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoon of coconut mixture on top of each of the baked fudgy brownie cookies. Using the bottom of a cup or a large spoon, press the mixture down creating a compressed even layer of coconut.
- Make the chocolate layer—Combine the chocolate and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals stirring between each one until the chocolate has melted.
- Place 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate on top of the coconut mixture. Repeat steps until 12 cookie bites have been covered. To make sure the chocolate has evenly spread on top of the coconut mixture gently tap your muffin tin on the counter.
- Set 1 almond on top of the chocolate layer.
- Let the Fudgy Coconut Cookie Bites harden in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Use a butter knife to pop cookie bites out. Make sure to push the knife all the way to the bottom of the cookie layer before removing. If you do not pop it out from the bottom layer your cookie and coconut layer can separate. Enjoy!
Pro Tips from Marissa:
- If you are not vegan substitute chocolate for milk chocolate.
- Cant find unsweetened shredded coconut? Use unsweetened coconut flakes instead. Just place the fakes in a food processor and pulse until they become fine shredded coconut.
- Store these cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.