Let’s celebrate Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights, with these Jewish Star Sugar Cookies made special for our holiday cookie lovers!
This is an easy cutout cookie recipe using only Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough with a homemade Buttercream Icing. These cookies are the perfect dessert for your Hanukkah party this year!Print
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 sticks unsalted butter or vegan buttery sticks, softened at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2–3 teaspoons water or milk of choice
- Natural blue food coloring
- 1 tablespoons gluten free flour, extra for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle gluten free flour over your counter.
- Knead all portions of Sugar Cookie Dough into one ball and mix in 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour if the dough is sticky. Skip this step if the dough is firmer and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Roll the dough on the prepared counter until it’s about ¼ inch in thickness.
- Use a Jewish star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 10-12 cookies and place them onto the prepared cookie sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Once cookies are baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the icing, beat butter in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or you can use a handheld mixer. Carefully beat in the confectioners sugar, beginning with a low speed and then increasing to a medium-high speed. Beat for 5-6 minutes until thick and fluffy. Mix in water and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Spread white icing on top of cooled star cookies.
- Take remaining icing and add blue food coloring. Mix together. Transfer the icing to a piping bag or ziplock bag, and snip off the end just a bit or use a small round piping tip.
- Pipe a Jewish star shape with the icing onto each cookie.
- Allow icing to set on the cookie in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: Hanukkah cookies, Hanukkah, Star of David cookies, jewish star cookies, iced sugar cookies