We’ve teamed up with our friends at Primal Kitchen to bring your these warm Hot Chocolate Bombs with a freshly baked cookie pairing!
The winter weather outside is frightful, so cozy up fireside with these divine Hot Chocolate Bombs, with a warm & decadent side of freshly baked gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan Sweet Loren’s cookies!Print
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chunk or Fudgy Brownie
- 10 ounces dark chocolate bar (we used 70%), chopped
- 2 1/2 scoops Primal Kitchen Chocolate Primal Fuel
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Pinch of vanilla powder (optional)
- 5 large marshmallows (make your own, or use a clean variety like Smashmallow), each cut into 5 pieces
- 5 cups of your favorite milk (we used coconut milk)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325℉. Place cookie dough portions on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Next, temper the chocolate. Tempered chocolate is key for making hot chocolate bombs that are shiny and strong enough to be released from molds.
- Set up a double boiler by filling a pot with a few inches of water and heating it over medium heat.
- Add 2/3 of the chopped chocolate into a heat-safe bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Stir the chocolate frequently.
- When the chocolate is nearly melted, use a food thermometer to check the temperature of the thickest part of the melting chocolate (if you have one). Remove the bowl from the heat when the thermometer reads 115 degrees.
- Immediately begin sprinkling some of the remaining chopped chocolate in the bowl (set on the counter), and stir. Continue to stir and slowly add in the remaining chocolate.
- Once the temperature of the melted chocolate reads 80 degrees, place the bowl back on top of the hot pot and continue stirring. Once the chocolate reaches 88-90 degrees, remove it from the heat. Now the chocolate is tempered.
- To assemble the Hot Chocolate Bombs, use a 2 1/2-inch diameter silicone mold and a food-safe brush (we used a silicone one) to brush the chocolate in an even layer in the inside of the molds. You will need to brush chocolate on 10 molds total for this recipe. Place the mold in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over low heat. Once hot, carefully pick up one of the empty chocolate semi-spheres so the hollow side is facing down. Gently press the sphere rim onto the pan so the outer rim begins to melt slightly. Pick up the chocolate semi-sphere and press it on top of one of the filled semi-spheres. This will adhere both chocolate halves together to create a spherical hot chocolate bomb.
- Repeat with the remaining semi-spheres until you have 5 complete hot chocolate bombs.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until hot. Pour the milk into mugs. Carefully drop your hot chocolate bomb into the mug.
- As the chocolate melts, it will release the hot cocoa mix that is inside. Stir the mixture together with a spoon to create a smooth hot chocolate. Top with extra marshmallows, if desired. Serve the hot cocoa with your favorite baked Sweet Loren’s cookie.
If you don’t want to do the entire tempering chocolate process, you can simply melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and proceed with step 9, and make sure you store the Hot Chocolate Bombs in the fridge or freezer before using so they don’t melt.
Keywords: Fudgy Brownie Cookies, Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Gluten Free, Sweet Loren’s