Let’s spread holiday cheer with these Cookie Sandwiches with Cream Cheese Frosting in collaboration with Spero and Grayson!
Bake up a batch of our Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough and turn them into cookie sandwiches using our smooth and silky cream cheese frosting recipe. These tasty treats will only make your day merrier!Print
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 4 tablespoons unsalted plant-based butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 ounces plant-based cream cheese (we used Spero’s The Original Cream Cheese), softened at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons water or milk, optional
- Mini chocolate chips, as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place Cookie Dough portions 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- After cookies have baked, allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer or using a rubber spatula, combine the butter and cream cheese. Mix until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of confectioners sugar at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Once all the confectioners sugar is mixed in, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk or water if the frosting is too thick.
- Beat the frosting for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of frosting onto half of the baked cookies. Then, top with the remaining cookies to form cookie sandwiches.
- Press mini chocolate chips into the sides of the cookie sandwiches as garnish. Enjoy!
Keywords: cookie sandwiches