We teamed up with our friends at Sano and Free2b for our latest dessert collab. Presenting these Chocolate Protein Iced Sugar Cookies with a Sunflower Butter Cup topping!
These flavor-packed, clean-ingredient cookies feature some of our favorites! These cookies include a Sugar Cookie base, a layer of chocolate protein flavored icing, and a Sunflower Butter Cup topping.
Guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup your favorite buttercream/frosting of choice or whipped cream (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1-2 tablespoons Sano chocolate protein powder
- 4 – 6 Dark Free2b Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place cookie portions 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Cool cookies on a wire cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix protein powder with frosting until combined. Add more or less protein powder depending on how much chocolate you like in your frosting.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate frosting onto each cookie, in even layer.
Sprinkle chopped Sunflower Butter Cups over the frosting of each cookie. Enjoy!
These cookies can be stored in a container in the fridge for 3-4 days.