Make our pretty Fudgy Brownie Cookie Nests! They are filled with delicious homemade green buttercream icing and chocolate Easter eggs.
These are so easy to bake and use only clean ingredients so all can enjoy. We hope you enjoy making these Fudgy Brownie Egg Nests this Easter!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1 stick butter or 4 oz solid coconut oil
- ½ pound (2 cups) confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Mini chocolate eggs (for a gluten free option, you can use M&M’s)
- Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Grease a 24-count mini muffin pan.
- Divide each cookie dough disk in half and roll into two balls.
Place each ball of dough into a mini muffin tin. Repeat with remaining cookies until all 24 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until cookies have risen into little cookie cups. Cool pan on a wire baking rack for at least 25 minutes. Don’t remove the cookie nests from pan until completely cooled. The center of your cookie cups should sink in as they cool.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream icing. Beat butter (or solid coconut oil that hasn’t melted yet) in a bowl with an electric mixer for 5-6 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in 1 cup of confectioners sugar at a time, beating on medium speed in between each addition. Once all confectioners sugar is added, mix in the vanilla extract. Beat the icing for another 8 minutes until thick and smooth. Fold green food coloring into the icing until well combined.
Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with an open star tip or place icing into a plastic bag and snip off the end. Pipe the icing into each cookie cup in a swirling motion. Top each cookie cup with 1 chocolate egg.
Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!