Time for another delicious apple dessert for your fall table, Apple Pie Cookie Cups!
“They are so stinkin’ cute and really require minimal effort – so while you are hustling cooking everything else, these lil cookie cups don’t need a lot of help” – Jenna, @sweat_and_sweets
Recipe and photos by @sweat_and_sweets.Print
- 1 package of Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1 tablespoon unsalted plant-based butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
- Take the Sugar Cookie portions and split them in half. Roll the dough in your palms until a ball forms. Place into one of the mini muffin tin cavities.. Continue this process until all cookie dough is used.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookie cups to cool completely after baking. It’s ok if they sink inside and you can use a spoon to help push down the center of the cookie to form a cookie cup.
- Meanwhile, prepare the apple pie filling by combining diced apples, butter, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract in a medium pot or pan. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the apples are soft. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Fill the cookie cups with the apple filling right before serving.
- Top with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Keywords: apple pie, fall recipes, Apple Pie Cookie Cups, apples, pie, cookie cup