Roses are red, violets are blue, we’re craving Sweet Loren’s and we bet you are too!
Transform our Sugar Cookie Dough into a gorgeous cookie flower bouquet. Follow the easy steps below to bring this vibrant and delicious arrangement to life using just a few simple ingredients.
Making Sweet Loren’s cutout cookies and turning them into a bouquet couldn’t be simpler. Bake up a batch of our Sugar Cookie Dough and cut into flowers, bake, and decorate to make this showstopping dessert!
Gather ingredients & Equipment!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Food coloring (we used pink, yellow, green, red)
- 10-12 oven-safe cake pop sticks
- Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Flour (for your work surface)
- 2 ½ – 3-inch flower and leaf-shaped cookie cutters
Step 2- Roll the dough!
1. Remove Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough from the refrigerator and let the dough soften about 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, preheat the oven or toaster oven to 325 F.
3. Flour your work surface.
4. As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
5. Grab your rolling pin and roll dough until it is about ¼ inch thick
Step 3- Cutout the cookies!
6. Using your cookie cutters cut out your cookie flowers and leaves.
7. Take each cutout cookie and flip it upside down. Press the cake pop stick into the bottom half of the cookie and secure with a small piece of dough. Flip the cookie back to its original side and place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining cutout cookies and sticks.
8. Place baking sheet into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or freeze for five minutes so the dough hardens and the shapes set. Note: if you’d like to bake sprinkles into your cookies, you can press them into your dough before refrigerating or freezing it.
Step 4 – Bake!
9. Bake for 10-11 minutes for chewy cookies or 13-15 minutes for crispy cookies. Since ovens do vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed till your desired cookie.
10. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
Step 5- Icing!
11. To make the icing, mix together the confectioner’s sugar and water until smooth and spreadable.
12. Divide the icing between 4 small bowls. Add different color food colorings to each bowl of icing and mix until combined.
13. Spoon icing into the center of a cookie and spread to the edges using a spoon or toothpick. Allow the cookies to dry for at least 2 hours before serving or adding more details (such as the dot in the center of the flower cookie).
14. Place decorated cookie flowers into vase or bucket to make your cookie flower arrangement. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.