Our Lemon Flower Cookies, made from only simple ingredients, are easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. If you love lemon like we do, these are perfect for all of your springtime celebrations!
- 1 package Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 jar lemon curd
- 1 mini flower cookie cutter (about 1 ½ - 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 mini circle cookie cutter (about ¾ - 1 inch in diameter) or piping tip
- Lemon zest, as a garnish
1. Remove Sugar Cookie Dough from the refrigerator and let the dough soften about 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, preheat the oven or toaster oven to 325 F and flour your work surface.
3. As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
4. Grab your rolling pin and start rolling until dough is about ¼ inch thick.
5. Using your flower cookie cutter cut out 25 - 30 flower cookies and place on to cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
6. Cut a small hole into the center of half of the cookies using a mini circle cookie cutter or a piping tip.
7. Once you have all your cookies cutout, place the trays into the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or freeze for 5 minutes.
8. Place both trays into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes for chewy cookies or 13-15 minutes for crispy cookies. Since ovens do vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed till your desired cookie.
9. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
10. Once cooled, dust the cutout flower cookies (the ones with holes in the center) with confectioners sugar.
11. Spread ½ - 1 teaspoon of lemon curd to the center of each full flower cookie.
12. Then, place the cutout flower cookies on top of the cookies with lemon curd. For extra lemon flavor, sprinkle with lemon zest. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.
Share your homemade Cookie Creations!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself