Fresh, bright, and simple to make, these Lemon Cookies are super soft and packed with fresh lemon flavor.
Perfect for spring!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough or Oatmeal Cranberry Dough
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ pound (2 cups) confectioners sugar
- 2 - 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra lemon zest, as a garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Combine all the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough.
3. Knead in lemon zest (6 teaspoons) and lemon juice (6 teaspoons). Once blended, divide the cookie dough into 12 balls.
4. Place cookies onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, at least 2 inches apart.
5. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
6. Cool cookies on wire cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
1. Combine confectioners sugar, water, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth.
2. Dip half of each cooled cookie into the icing and sprinkle with lemon zest. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.
Share your fresh baked cookie creations!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself