When life hands you lemons, make lemon bar cookie cups. All you need are a few simple ingredients, including our Sugar Cookie Dough to bring this beautiful and delicious dessert to life. Follow these easy steps listed below.
- 1 package Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup lemon curd (homemade or store-bought)
- ¾ cup whipped cream (can use dairy whipped cream or coconut whipped cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 325F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Fill the 24-count mini cupcake pan(s) with mini muffin liners. You can skip this step if using a silicone pan.
3. Break each cookie disc into 2 pieces and press one piece into the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Repeat with remaining cookie dough until all 24 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies have risen and edges are lightly golden.
5. Cool pan for at least 25 minutes. If the sides of each cookie aren’t flat, press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
6. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of lemon curd into each mini cupcake cavity. Refrigerate the lemon cookie cups for at least 2 hours.
7. Pop each lemon cookie cups out of the pan. Top the mini lemon cup with a dollop of whipped cream and lemon zest before serving. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store covered in the fridge for up to one week (without whipped cream).
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself