These simple Ghost Cookies add a touch of spookiness to your Halloween festivities and are so much fun to make!
- 1 package of Sweet Loren's Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Black gel icing
1. Preheat oven to 325F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Work the softened dough into a ball then roll the dough flat, so it’s about about ¼” thick.
3. Use a ghost-shaped cookie cutter to start creating your cookies and place them onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Pro Tip: roll excess dough into a ball and flatten to make extra shapes.
4. Place in the refrigerated 5-10 minutes so shapes set.
5. Bake cookies between 8-10 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
6. Once cookies have baked, allow to cool completely.
7. While the cookies are cooling, make your white glaze by whisking together confectioners sugar with water and until thick and creamy.
8. Spoon 1-2 tablespoonfuls of the icing onto a cookie and use a toothpick to spread to the edges. Repeat with the remaining cookies until all are iced.
9. Set the cookies in the fridge for 10 minutes so the icing will harden.
10. Next, pipe two eyes and a small mouth onto each ghost cookie using the black icing.
11. Store cookies in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in a container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself