Elevate our classic Sugar cookies into these elegant Edible Flower Pressed Sugar Cookies. Just as wonderful to gaze at as they are to snack on, these botanical cookies are sure to wow your guests when they see them, and again when they taste them!
You can find edible flowers in Sprouts, Whole Foods Market, or your local Farmer’s Market. You can even try growing your own- just be sure that they are organically grown and free of pesticides. We look forward to seeing your beautiful cookie creations.
- 1 package Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2-4 tablespoons flour (for work surface)
- Circle shaped cookie cutter (or a glass cup works too)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Flour your work surface.
3. As soon as the dough is soft, combine the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes flat and easy to roll.
4. Grab your rolling pin and start rolling until the dough is about ¼ inch thick.
5. Using your large circle cookie cutter cut out your cookies and place on a nonstick cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper for easier clean up.
6. Mold cookie dough scraps back into a ball and repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the dough is rolled out into cookies.
7. Press 3-4 mini edible flowers onto each raw circle cookie. Use your rolling pin to roll/press the flowers into the cookie dough.
8. Use the circle cookie cutter to re-cut each of the cookies since they’ve just been rolled out again. Remove and scraps and use them to make more cookies.
9. Bake cookies for 8 - 10 minutes, or until edges are golden.
10. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Optional: sprinkle sugar on top of cooling cookies. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself