We partnered with our friends at Crazy Confections to put together these helpful baking & decorating tips so you can make your own custom Sweet Loren's cookies at home. We hope you find them to be useful and look forward to seeing what you bake up.
What you'll need:
- 1 package Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough (or try with your favorite Sweet Loren's Cookie Dough)
- Gluten free flour
- Parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Decorating ingredients such as frosting, sprinkles, colored sugar
1. Remove Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Doug from the refrigerator and let the dough soften about 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, you can gather the rest of your materials and preheat the oven or toaster oven to 325F and flour your work surface.
3. As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
4. Grab your rolling pin and start rolling. Roll the dough out until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
5. Using your cookie cutters cut out your cookies and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
6. Once you have all your cookies cutout, place the tray into the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or freeze for 5 minutes, until the dough feels hard to the touch. (If you want to bake sprinkles into your cookies, you can add them before refrigerating/freezing your tray and push into the dough).
7. Bake for 11-13 minutes for chewy cookies or 13-15 minutes for a crispy cookies. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
8. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
9. Time to decorate once cooled!
10. Let icing set. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.
We look forward to seeing your custom cookie creations!
Be sure to tag us @sweetlorens.