Calling all coffee lovers!
Next time you're looking to spice up your cookies, we recommend whipping up our easy + delicious coffee icing to drizzle on top. This added burst of coffee flavor takes our Chocolate Chunk cookies to a whole new level, and they're great for dunking!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons instant coffee
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chunks or chocolate chips, as garnish
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325℉.
2. Place cookie discs on parchment paper lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 11-14 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
4. Cool cookies for 15 minutes.
5. While the cookies are cooling, add instant coffee to the cup of boiling water. Stir until thoroughly combined. Allow to cool on the counter for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Next, make the coffee icing. Place the confectioners sugar into a medium bowl.
7. Using a fork, slowly mix the cooled coffee liquid into the confectioners sugar, adding only 1 tablespoon at a time. You’ll know the frosting is ready when it’s glossy and a spreadable consistency.
8. Transfer the icing to a zip-top plastic bag or piping bag. Snip off the end of the bag and pipe zig-zags onto each baked cookie.
9. Decorate the top of each cookie with chocolate chunks or chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself