Savor the flavor of the season with these easy-to-make Cinnamon Pumpkin Cookies! Cut out shapes and decorate our Sugar Cookie Dough with just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 package Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 - ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks
- Cane sugar, as garnish
- Extra cinnamon, as garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Work the softened dough into a ball then roll the dough flat, so it’s about about 1/4" thick.
3. Use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter to start creating your cookies and place them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Pro Tip: roll excess dough into a ball and flatten to make extra shapes.
4. Place in the refrigerated 5-10 minutes so shapes set.
5. Bake cookies between 8-10 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
6. Once cookies have baked, allow to cool completely.
7. While the cookies are cooling, make your cinnamon glaze by whisking together confectioners sugar, water and cinnamon until thick and creamy.
8. Transfer the cinnamon glaze to a sealable plastic bag and snip the corner of the bag off to create a make-shift piping bag.
9. Pipe curved lines from top to bottom of a pumpkin cookie, until it resembles a pumpkin design. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
10. Next, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals, stirring in between each microwaving period, until melted. Transfer the melted chocolate to a sealable plastic bag and snip the corner of the bag off to create a make-shift piping bag.
11. Pipe an elegant chocolate swirl design on the top of each pumpkin.
12. Garnish the cookies with a sprinkle of cane sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in a container in the refrigerator for up 2-3 days.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself