We love infusing our favorite fall flavors into warm and delicious cookie recipes, like these Cinnamon Iced Sugar Cookies with Candied Pecans.
- 1 1/2 packages Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 - ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325℉.
2. Place cookie discs on parchment paper lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 11-14 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
4. Cool cookies for 15-20 minutes.
5. While the cookies are cooling, mix together the pecans and maple syrup.
6. Spread the sticky pecan mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake in a 350F oven for 3-6 minutes, until bubbly and fragrant.
7. Allow the sticky pecans to cool for 15 minutes.
8. To make the icing, combine confectioners sugar, water, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork until smooth and lump free.
9. Spread a teaspoonful of cinnamon icing onto a cookie. Sprinkle with candied pecans.
10. Repeat step 9 until all the cookies are decorated with icing and pecans. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself