Rolled oats, dried fruit, and chocolate come together in this delicious and easy to make recipe. Recreate these cookie bars for a convenient snack or dessert. Perfect for on-the-go for in between meetings, school, or to come home to.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Dough
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil (optional, but recommended for chocolate drizzle)
1. Preheat oven to 325F and let Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the cookie bar from sticking to the pan.
3. Transfer the cookie dough to a bowl and mix in raisins and ¼ cup chocolate chunks. Be careful not to overmix dough.
4. Place the cookie dough onto the prepared pan and shape into a rectangle, about 3”x8”.
5. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or freeze for 5 minutes to prevent cookie dough from spreading too much while it bakes.
6. Bake for around 18-22 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed, until golden brown on top.
7. Next, remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Note: do not turn the oven off yet.
8. Carefully slice the big cookie into 8 bars.
9. Return the sliced cookie sticks to the oven and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes until crispier.
10. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire baking rack to cool.
11. Meanwhile, mix ¼ cup of your remaining chocolate chips with the coconut oil. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted.
12. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie bars.
13. Refrigerate for ten minutes so the chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 4-5 days. Place in lunchbox or ziplock bag for a perfect on-the-go snack.
Share your homemade Cookie Creations!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself