This easy to make, this crowd-pleasing recipe features a Sugar Cookie crust, the most irresistible, homemade blueberry filling and topped with an old fashioned oats + sugar cookie crumble - gluten free, vegan, simple ingredients never tasted so good!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot starch or corn-starch
- ⅓ cup cane sugar or sugar or your choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Press 8 of the 12 discs from the Sugar Cookie package into a parchment paper lined baking pan.
3. Bake about 13-15 minutes until lightly golden on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
4. Once the cookie base is baked, cool it on a wire baking rack for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the blueberries, starch, sugar, and lemon juice until well combined.
6. Pour the blueberry filling mixture over the baked sugar cookie crust. Set aside on the counter.
7. Next, knead together the remaining three discs of cookie dough with the old fashioned oats.
8. Crumble this oatmeal-sugar cookie mixture over the top of the blueberry filling.
9. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until blueberries have burst and are bubbly.
10. Cool it on a wire baking rack for 25 minutes.
11. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into 12 bars.
12. Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself