These Birthday Cake Truffles are made from our Edible Birthday Cake Cookie Dough. They're not only pretty to look at, but delicious and so easy to make. Recreate these at home for your friends, family, or as a sweet treat for yourself to enjoy!
- 1 jar Birthday Cake Edible Cookie Dough
- ½ cup colorful sprinkles
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (for Option 2)
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil or butter (for Option 2)
1. Let the Edible Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Line a cookie sheet or plate with parchment paper.
3. As soon as the dough is nice and soft, scoop 1 ½ tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place cookie dough balls onto the prepared pan/plate.
Proceed to Option 1 or 2 below (or both)!
Option 1: Sprinkle Covered!
4. Fill a bowl or container with the sprinkles. Add one cookie dough truffle to the bowl of sprinkles and move around until completely coated in sprinkles.
5. Repeat this process until all truffles are coated in sprinkles.
6. Refrigerate truffles for at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
Option 2: Chocolate Dipped!
4. Place rolled dough into the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
5. Next, combine chocolate chips in a bowl or glass cup with coconut oil. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted.
6. Once chocolate is melted, dunk a cookie dough truffle into the chocolate by using two forks so your hands don't get messy and the dough gets coated evenly. Allow excess chocolate to drip off, then transfer the truffle back to the parchment paper or to a wire cooling rack.
7. Garnish the top of each truffle with colorful sprinkles when the chocolate is still wet.
8. Refrigerate truffles for at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
Share your homemade Edible Cookie Dough Creations!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself