We've transformed our Sugar Cookie Dough and a few fresh, seasonal ingredients into these Mini Apple Pie Bites.
- 1 1/2 packages Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough
- 5 large apples, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes (we used a mix of Honeycrisp and Granny Smith Apples)
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar or cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 325F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Fill the 24-count mini cupcake pan(s) with mini muffin liners. You can skip this step if using a silicone pan.
3. Break each cookie disc into 2 pieces and press one piece into the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Repeat with remaining cookie dough until all 24 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies have risen and edges are lightly golden.
5. Cool pan for at least 15 minutes. If the sides of each cookie aren’t flat, press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
6. Meanwhile, make the apple pie filling. In a medium pot over the stove, combine the chopped apples, brown sugar, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, tapioca starch and lemon juice. Turn the stove to medium-low heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
7. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoonful of the apple pie filling into each half-baked cookie cup.
8. In a medium bowl, mix together 4 raw sugar cookie dough portions with the rolled oats. Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix again.
9. Crumble a bit of the oat-sugar cookie mixture over each mini muffin.
10. Bake 11-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
11. Cool the pan on wire cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
12. Refrigerate the pan at least 1 hour before popping the Apple Pie cups out of the pan.
13. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Add a dollop of whipped cream and caramel sauce on top before serving.
Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself