This beautiful + delicious dessert features our Sugar Cookie Dough as the tart crust and two of our favorite fall flavors, apples and honey. For our fans celebrating Rosh Hashanah, we wish you a sweet New Year.
- 1 1/2 packages Sweet Loren's Sugar Cookie Dough
- 4 apples (we used Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples)
- Juice of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 325F and thaw cookie dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
2. Place the Sugar Cookie Dough evenly around pie dish then press it evenly into the bottom.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
4. While the crust is cooling, slice the apples into ¼ inch slices. Place the apple slices into a pot with the lemon juice and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, then simmer the apples for 5 minutes.
5. Strain the apples and set aside to cool.
6. Arrange the cooked apples in the pie crust, and drizzle with honey in between each layer.
7. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon after baking. Serve with drizzled honey. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Be sure to share!
Tag us @sweetlorens #besweettoyourself