Sugar Cookie Tahini Stuffed Chocolate Eggs
Step up your baking this season with these no-bake Sugar Cookie Tahini Stuffed Chocolate Eggs with sea salt by our friend Whitney, @getfit_whit!
Recipe and photos by @getfit_whit.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- ¾ cup tahini (or your favorite nut butter)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks/chips
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut oil, optional
- Flaky sea salt, as garnish
- Allow Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough to sit at room temperature, about 20 minutes, until soft to the touch.
- Slightly flatten one cookie dough portion and press your thumb into the center to create an indent.
- Fill the indentation with 1 teaspoon tahini or nut butter you love.
- Carefully enclose the tahini filling by shaping the cookie dough around it. Then, roll the cookie dough into an oval egg shape.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until each cookie dough portion is filled with the tahini and shaped into an oval.
- Place the tahini-filled cookie dough “eggs” into the freezer to firm up, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, in 20 second intervals. Add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil if needed to thin out the chocolate.
- Using two forks, dip & roll each of the cookie dough “eggs” in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle each of the chocolate-coated “eggs” with sea salt.
- Freeze all chocolate coated cookie dough “eggs” for 15 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.