Sugar Cookie Rolls
Our talented friend @andglutenfree brought these Sugar Cookie Dough Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls (without the cinnamon) to life!
Take the classic techniques of making a cinnamon roll and make Sugar Cookie Rolls with cinnamon-roll dough instead!
Recipe and photos @andglutenfree.
- 1 batch or 1 package your favorite gluten-free biscuit dough
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 stick dairy or vegan unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup homemade or store bought buttercream frosting or cream cheese frosting
- Gluten free flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325°F and let Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your work surface. Dust it with gluten free flour.
- Roll gluten free biscuit dough into a large rectangle over the parchment paper. Set aside.
- As soon as the Sugar cookie dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie dough portions together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough.
- Over another sheet of parchment paper, push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll. Roll into a large rectangle, the same size as the biscuit dough.
- Spread the softened butter over the rolled out biscuit dough & sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Carefully transfer the rolled-out cookie dough on top of the buttered biscuit dough and press down so that the two doughs stick together.
- Starting at the more narrow end, begin to roll the dough into a log using the parchment paper to secure it.
- Transfer the biscuit-cookie dough log, encased in parchment paper, to the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Remove the dough log from the fridge, and slice into ½” circles. Place the dough circles onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
Take out and let cool on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes before spreading the buttercream icing on top. Enjoy!