Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Nests
We hope you enjoy making these delicious Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Nests.
These Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Nests are an egg-cellent and easy dessert recipe for your Easter celebrations with friends and family!
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 sticks butter or 8 oz solid coconut oil
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Mini chocolate Robin eggs (for a gluten free option, you can use M&M’s)
- Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Grease a 12-count muffin pan.
- Combine 2 discs of cookie dough and roll into one ball. Place into muffin tin. Repeat with remaining cookies until all 12 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until cookies have risen into cookie cups and edges are lightly golden.
- Cool pan on a wire baking rack for at least 25 minutes. Don’t remove the cookie nests from pan until completely cooled. The center of your cookie cups should sink in as they cool.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream icing. Beat butter (or solid coconut oil that hasn’t melted yet) in a bowl with an electric mixer for 5-6 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in 1 cup of confectioners sugar at a time, beating on medium speed in between each addition. Once all confectioners sugar is added, mix in the vanilla extract. Beat the icing for another 8 minutes until thick and smooth. Fold green food coloring into the icing until well combined.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with an open star tip or place icing into a plastic bag and snip off the end. Pipe the icing into each cookie cup in a swirling motion. Top each cookie cup with 3 chocolate eggs.
- Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.