Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Nests
We hope you enjoy making these delicious Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Nests.
These Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Nests are an egg-cellent and easy dessert recipe for your Easter celebrations with friends and family!
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 sticks butter or 8 oz solid coconut oil
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Mini chocolate Robin eggs (for a gluten free option, you can use M&M’s)
- Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Grease a 12-count muffin pan.
Combine 2 discs of cookie dough and roll into one ball. Place into muffin tin. Repeat with remaining cookies until all 12 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until cookies have risen into cookie cups and edges are lightly golden.
- Cool pan on a wire baking rack for at least 25 minutes. Don’t remove the cookie nests from pan until completely cooled. The center of your cookie cups should sink in as they cool.
Meanwhile, make the buttercream icing. Beat butter (or solid coconut oil that hasn’t melted yet) in a bowl with an electric mixer for 5-6 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in 1 cup of confectioners sugar at a time, beating on medium speed in between each addition. Once all confectioners sugar is added, mix in the vanilla extract. Beat the icing for another 8 minutes until thick and smooth. Fold green food coloring into the icing until well combined.
Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with an open star tip or place icing into a plastic bag and snip off the end. Pipe the icing into each cookie cup in a swirling motion. Top each cookie cup with 3 chocolate eggs.
- Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.