Let's Dish /
Sombrero Sugar Cookies
We’re loving these festive + fun Sombrero Cookies made with our Sugar Cookie Dough by our talented friend Katelyn, @eatglutenfreeaz.
Recipe and photos by Katelyn, @eatglutenfreeaz.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
- Place cookie dough portions 2-inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cookies are cooked to your liking. Check at the least amount of time and cook longer if desired.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before icing.
- When ready to ice the cookies, place the frosting into a piping bag fitting with a circle tip or a ziplock bag & cut off the corner.
- Pipe a dot of frosting on the bottom of each gumdrop and glue to the center of one cookie. Repeat until all the cookies have gumdrops.
- Outline the gumdrop with frosting and add the non-pareils. Repeat with each cookie until all are decorated.
- Additionally, outline the edges of the cookies and decorate with more non-pareils. Enjoy!