Santa Hat Cookies
Make your holiday season sweeter with these Strawberry Santa Hat Cookies topped with homemade coconut whipped cream!
Transform Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough into these Santa Hat Cookies in just a few simple steps, with the addition of coconut whipped cream and strawberries.
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 1 can Heavy Coconut Cream, chilled in the fridge overnight (we recommend Let’s Do Organic brand)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 strawberries, with the ends cut off
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and let Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Place the package of Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough portions into an 8-inch x 8-inch square baking pan (you can add a layer of parchment paper first to avoid sticking).
- Use your hands to flatten out the dough until it covers the base of the pan.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed, until golden brown on top.
- Cool the pan on a wire baking rack for at least 25 minutes. Then, refrigerate or freeze until chilled and fully cooled.
- Use a circle cookie cutter or small glass cup to cut circles into the baked cookie. You should get 6-8 circles. Save the remaining scraps and make a trifle with extra coconut cream!
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the coconut cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla until thick and fluffy.
- Transfer the whipped coconut cream to a plastic bag or piping bag and snip off the end, about ½”.
- Pipe a mound of coconut cream on top of each cookie circle.
- Then, place a strawberry on top of the coconut whipped cream.
Garnish the top of the strawberry with the smallest amount of coconut whipped cream to make it look like a hat! Enjoy!