Rainbow Sugar Cookies
To help celebrate Pride Month, we’ve created a special batch of Rainbow Sugar Cookies. These delicious gluten free cookies are easy to make with only a few ingredients and lots of love!
Join us in spreading the love, one freshly baked cookie at a time! #loveislove
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- Food coloring (we used: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Gluten free flour, for dusting.
- Allow Cookie Dough to thaw at room temperature, about 20 minutes, until soft to the touch.
Mold together every 2 portions of cookie dough, until you have 6 portions of cookie dough.
Repeat step 3 with each of the food color options, dying every portions of cookie dough a different color.
- Repeat step 3 with each of the food color options, dying every 2 portions of cookie dough a different color.
- Once you have 6 balls of cookie dough, each dyed a different color, place onto a plate and refrigerate for ten minutes.
Dust a piece of parchment paper or your counter with gluten free flour. Then, roll each ball of dough into a medium rectangle, about 4” x 2”. Separate each rolled out dough on a baking sheet or separate piece of parchment. If the dough becomes very soft, set the rolled out dough into the fridge for 10 minutes.
Stack the rectangle rolled dough, starting with red, then yellow, orange, green, blue and purple. If the dough isn’t sticky, lightly brush each layer with water.
Use the parchment paper beneath the cookie dough to begin rolling the stacked dough into a log, starting at the wider end. Roll until it forms a log.
Using a sharp knife, carefully, slice the log of rolled dough into 8 circle cookies.
- Place the cookie sliced onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Bake the cookies, at least 2 inches apart, on the baking sheet for 11-15 minutes.
Allow to cool completely before enjoying or storing away. Enjoy!