- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract (use more or less depending on how much peppermint you like)
- 1 tablespoon your favorite gluten free all purpose flour
- Red food coloring or natural dye alternative
- Preheat oven to 325°F and let Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your work surface. Dust it with flour.
- As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie dough portions from one package together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
- Grab your rolling pin and start rolling into a large rectangle, until dough is about ¼ inch thick. Set dough aside.
- Grab the second package of cookie dough. Combine the cookie dough portions from the second package together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Grab red food coloring or natural dye alternative. Using your hands (I would recommend wearing gloves) work the food coloring into the dough. It should eventually turn from tan to red. You can make it as red as you want.
- After the dough is red, mix in the peppermint extract (or leave it out if you don’t like peppermint)
- Grab your rolling pin and start rolling into a large rectangle, until dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the red rectangle of dough on top of the plain rolled-out sugar cookie dough.
- Starting at the more narrow end, begin to roll the dough into a log using the parchment paper to secure it.
- Transfer the cookie dough log, encased in parchment paper, to the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the cookie log from the fridge, and slice into ½” circles. Place the cookie circles onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Take out and let cool on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Gluten Free, Sweet Loren’s