Fresh, bright, and simple to make, these Oatmeal Cranberry Lemon Cookies are super soft and packed with fresh lemon flavor.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 12 minutes
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough or Oatmeal Cranberry Dough
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ pound (2 cups) confectioners sugar
- 2 – 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra lemon zest, as a garnish
- Preheat oven to 325F and let Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Combine all the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough.
- Knead in lemon zest (6 teaspoons) and lemon juice (6 teaspoons). Once blended, divide the cookie dough into 12 balls.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on wire cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the icing, combine confectioners sugar, water, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Dip half of each cooled cookie into the icing and sprinkle with lemon zest. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.