Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Baked Apples
Easier than apple pie and just as delicious, our Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Baked Apples are perfect for any fall celebrations.
Stuff fresh apples with your favorite Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough, we used Oatmeal Cranberry, bake until warm and tender, and top with nuts for an added crunch!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Dough
- 6 apples (we used honeycrisp and granny smith apples), washed
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Honey, as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and let Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Meanwhile, cut each apple in half, and use a spoon to scoop out the core. Alternatively, use an apple corer to remove the core and then slice the apple in half.
Place the halved apples onto a parchment-lined brownie pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the apple pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While apples are baking, combine the 12 oatmeal cranberry cookie dough portions with chopped pecans. Set aside.
- After baking the apples leave the oven turned on. Carefully, uncover the apple pan. The apples should be slightly tender but still hold their shape.
Use a spoon to stuff the center of each apple half with the oatmeal-cranberry-pecan cookie filling.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake, uncovered, for another 15-20 minutes, depending on how soft you like your apple.
Drizzle the baked apples with honey before serving. Enjoy!
Store covered in a container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat, place in 350°F oven for 5-6 minutes.