Mini Pecan Pies
Permission granted to indulge in this bite-size treat that has all the warm and nutty flavors of a pecan pie. Mini Pecan Pies for the win!
These mini pies made with our Sugar Cookie Dough as the pie crust are easy to make and even easier to grab and enjoy.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F and thaw Cookie Dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
Fill a 24-count mini cupcake pan(s) with mini muffin liners. You can skip this step if using a silicone pan.
- Break each Cookie Dough portion into 2 pieces and press one piece into the bottom and sides of each muffin tin. Repeat with remaining Cookie Dough until all 24 muffin spaces are filled with dough.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until cookies have risen and edges are lightly golden.
- Cool pan for at least 15 minutes. If the sides of each cookie aren’t flat, press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
Next, make the pecan pie filling. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Mix in the chopped pecans.
- Fill each mini sugar cookie cupcake crust with pecan pie filling. If there is leftover pecan pie filling, transfer to a small pan or ramekin and bake as a snack for later!
- Bake for 18-25 minutes in a 325F oven.
- Cool on a wire baking rack for 30 minutes. Then, place the pan in the fridge to set for at least 1-2 hours.
Pop each mini pecan pie out of the pan. Top with a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of pecans as garnish. Enjoy!