You too can make these gorgeous, loved-filled Linzer Cookies with our Sugar and Fudgy Brownie Cookie Doughs.
Raspberry jam adds the perfect refreshing and naturally sweet compliment. Although they look like a work of art, they’re easy to make. Black and white Linzer Cookies are definitely a show stopper!
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- Strawberry or raspberry preserves
- Rolling pin
- Flour (for work surface)
- 1 larger heart cookie cutter (about 2 ½ – 3 ½ inches in diameter)
- 1 smaller heart cookie cutter (about 1 ½ – 2 inches in diameter)
- Remove Cookie Dough from the refrigerator and let the dough soften about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven or toaster oven to 325F. Line two cookie sheet pans with parchment paper.
- As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the Sugar cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
- Grab your rolling pin and start rolling until dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Using your cookie cutters cut out 15 – 18 cookies using the larger (heart) cookie cutter and place on your cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Note: If your sheet isn’t non-stick and you are not using parchment paper, we recommend using a non-stick spray.
- Repeat steps 3-5 using the Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough.
- Once you’ve cut out all of your Fudgy Brownie hearts, use the smaller heart cookie cutter to cut a heart out of the center of each cookie. Place these cookies on a second baking tray.
- Once you have all your cookies cutout, place the trays into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or freezer for five minutes.
- Place both trays into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes for a chewy cookie or 13-15 minutes for a crispy cookie. Since ovens do vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Next, spoon a heaping tablespoon of jam into the center of your cooled Sugar cookies.
- Place one of the cutout Fudgy Brownie heart cookies on top of the sugar cookie. Press down a bit.
- Repeat steps until you have made all of your Black and White Linzer Cookies. Serve and enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 4-5 days. Place in lunchbox or ziplock bag for a perfect on-the-go snack.