- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 sticks unsalted butter or vegan buttery sticks, softened at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2–3 teaspoons water or milk of choice
- Natural blue food coloring
- 1 tablespoons gluten free flour, extra for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle gluten free flour over your counter.
- Knead all portions of Sugar Cookie Dough into one ball and mix in 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour if the dough is sticky. Skip this step if the dough is firmer and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Roll the dough on the prepared counter until it’s about ¼ inch in thickness.
- Use a Jewish star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 10-12 cookies and place them onto the prepared cookie sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Once cookies are baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the icing, beat butter in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or you can use a handheld mixer. Carefully beat in the confectioners sugar, beginning with a low speed and then increasing to a medium-high speed. Beat for 5-6 minutes until thick and fluffy. Mix in water and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Spread white icing on top of cooled star cookies.
- Take remaining icing and add blue food coloring. Mix together. Transfer the icing to a piping bag or ziplock bag, and snip off the end just a bit or use a small round piping tip.
- Pipe a Jewish star shape with the icing onto each cookie.
- Allow icing to set on the cookie in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: Hanukkah cookies, Hanukkah, Star of David cookies, jewish star cookies, iced sugar cookies