Iced Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Mouth-watering Iced Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are made with a whole lotta love for everyone to enjoy!
Roll out our Sugar Cookie Dough & bake into pumpkin shapes. Then, decorate with icing to create these delicious Iced Pumpkin Sugar Cookies!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups vanilla frosting or buttercream, homemade or store-bought
- Natural Orange food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F and thaw Cookie Dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
Work the softened dough into a ball then roll the dough flat, so it’s about a 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick.
Use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter to start creating your cookies and place them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Feel free to roll excess dough into a ball and flatten to make extra shapes.
- Place in the refrigerated 5-10 minutes so shapes set.
- Bake cookies between 10-15 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Once cookies have baked, allow to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, mix 1/2 of the icing with orange food coloring in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of white icing with cocoa powder. Leave remainder of icing white.
- Spread the orange icing over a cooled & chilled cookie, use a knife or offset spatula to create a swiping pumpkin shaped effect.
- Place cocoa-icing in a ziplock bag and snip 1/4-inch off the corner to create a makeshift piping bag. Pipe the cocoa-icing at the top of the cookie as the stem.
Repeat steps 8 & 9 until all cookies are iced. Enjoy!
Store in a container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.