Iced Leaf Sugar Cookies
Fall season calls for colorful leaves, so it’s time to bake a batch of these Iced Leaf Sugar Cookies!
Easy to make and oh-so-good, these Iced Leaf Sugar Cookies will bring the outdoors indoors.
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 cups vanilla frosting or buttercream, homemade or store-bought
- Natural orange & green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325°F and thaw Cookie Dough at room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Work the softened dough into a ball then roll the dough flat, so it’s about a 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a large leaf-shaped cookie cutter to start creating your cookies and place them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Feel free to roll excess dough into a ball and flatten to make extra shapes.
- Place in the refrigerated 5-10 minutes so shapes set.
- Bake cookies between 8-13 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Once cookies have baked, allow to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, mix half of the icing with orange food coloring in a medium bowl. Mix the remaining icing in a separate bowl with the green food coloring.
- Spread the orange icing over a cooled & chilled cookie. Place leftover orange icing in a ziplock bag and snip 1/4-inch off the corner to create a makeshift piping bag. Pipe the icing on the cookie to create a leaf outline effect. Decorate half of the cookies with this orange design.
- Repeat step 8 using the green icing on the other half of the cookies. Enjoy!
Store in a container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.