Holiday Shaped Sugar Cookies
To help showcase how you can transform our Dough into fun and decorative holiday shaped sugar cookies, we’ve put together our favorite tips and tricks for you.
‘Tis the season for holiday baking! That means holiday parties, cookie swaps, cookies for Santa, and cookie gifting! Making holiday shaped sugar cookies couldn’t be easier.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough (or try with your favorite Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough)
- Gluten free flour
- Parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Decorating ingredients such as frosting, sprinkles, colored sugar
1. Remove Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Doug from the refrigerator and let the dough soften about 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, you can gather the rest of your materials and preheat the oven or toaster oven to 325F and flour your work surface with 1-2 tablespoons of flour.
3. As soon as the dough is nice and soft, combine the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes a little more flat and easier to roll.
4. Grab your rolling pin and start rolling. Roll the dough out until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
5. Using your cookie cutters, cut out your cookies and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
6. Once you have all your cookies cut out, place the tray into the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or freeze for 5 minutes, until the dough feels hard to the touch. (If you want to bake sprinkles into your cookies, you can add them before refrigerating/freezing your tray and push into the dough).
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes for chewy cookies or 13-15 minutes for a crispier cookie. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
8. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
9. Time to decorate once cooled!
10. Let the icing set. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.