- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 2 sticks unsalted butter or vegan buttery sticks, softened at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 teaspoons water or milk of choice
- Natural blue food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare a 9”x9” or 8”x8” square baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and greasing with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Allow cookie dough to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes, until soft to the touch.
- Press cookie dough potions into the prepared baking pan into an even layer.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate or freeze for at least 25 minutes before cutting out dreidel shapes.
- To make the icing, beat butter in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or you can use a handheld mixer. Carefully beat in the confectioners sugar, beginning with a low speed and then increasing to a medium-high speed. Beat for 5-6 minutes until thick and fluffy. Mix in water and vanilla extract and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Die most of the icing blue and leave remaining icing white.
- Use a dreidel cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the chilled brownie cookie.
- Spread blue icing over the top of each dreidel.
- Take remaining white icing and transfer to a piping bag or ziplock bag, and snip off the end just a bit or use a small round piping tip.
- Pipe the Hebrew letters of the dreidel on each cutout.
- Allow icing to set on the cookie in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: Hanukkah, Hanukkah brownies, Hanukkah cookies, dreidels, dreidel cookies