Let's Dish / Easy Recipes
Hamantaschen (Triangle Cookie Pastries)
We put our own sweet spin on the always delicious Jewish dessert, Hamantaschen.
This triangle-shaped, filled cookie recipe is popular for celebrating the Jewish holiday of Purim and is easy and fun for all to recreate at home with your favorite flavors.
We’ve outlined two delicious Sweet Loren’s variations of Hamantaschen below: one features our Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough filled with chocolate chunks and the second features our Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Dough filled with jam. We look forward to seeing what you bake up!
Total time: 30
Prep time: 20
Bake time: 10
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough or/and Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks or/and 1/4 cup jam or fruit preserves of choice
- Circle cookie cutter (you can also use the bottom of a glass cup!)
- Rolling pin
- Preheat oven to 325℉, and let dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- As soon as the dough is soft, combine the cookie discs together and knead them until you have one big ball of cookie dough. Push down the dough so that it becomes flat and easier to roll.
- Using your rolling pin, roll until dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Place cookie cutters into dough to form 10-12 cookies and place approximately 2 inches apart on a nonstick cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper or with non-stick spray.
- Gather dough scraps and reroll and cut into circles until no dough remains.
- Add filling of choice into the center of each cookie circle. Fill with either 2 teaspoons jam per cookie or 6-8 chocolate chips/chunks per cookie.
- Pinch the edges of each circle cookie to form three corners.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 11-12 minutes for a crispy cookie. Since ovens do vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed till your desired cookie.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!