Cookie Dough French Toast
Brunch dreams do come true with this unbelievably delicious Edible Cookie Dough French Toast.
French Toast meets Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Edible Cookie Dough in this delicious recipe! Homemade tasting with only simple ingredients makes this recipe a divine brunch treat.
- 1 jar Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 loaf challah bread or bread of your choice, cut into ½” slices
- ½ cup canned coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Coconut oil or butter (to grease skillet)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Chocolate chips/chunks, as garnish (optional)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and let Sweet Loren’s Edible Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and mold into a very thin oval shape with your hands.
- Place the thin oval-shaped dough onto the prepared pan. Repeat this process until you have 6 dough ovals. Freeze for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together.
Lay out six slices of bread. Place the frozen cookie dough oval into the center of each piece of bread. The place a second slice of bread on top to create a cookie-dough sandwich.
- Next, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat your skillet or frying pan on the stove over medium-bowl heat. Grease with butter, coconut oil, or any other flavorless oil.
- Carefully, dunk one bread sandwich into the milk-egg mixture. Turn the sandwich over and coat the other side too.
Transfer the sandwich to your heated pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and toasted. Be careful not to break the sandwich when flipping it over.
- Transfer the cooked cookie dough stuffed French toast to an oven safe plate or tray to place in oven so it stays hot while you make the remaining French toast.
- Repeat steps 7 through 9 until you have made all of your cookie dough stuffed French toast.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with chocolate chips. Enjoy!