- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 4 tablespoons unsalted plant-based butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 ounces plant-based cream cheese (we used Spero’s The Original Cream Cheese), softened at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons water or milk, optional
- Mini chocolate chips, as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place Cookie Dough portions 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- After cookies have baked, allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer or using a rubber spatula, combine the butter and cream cheese. Mix until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of confectioners sugar at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Once all the confectioners sugar is mixed in, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk or water if the frosting is too thick.
- Beat the frosting for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of frosting onto half of the baked cookies. Then, top with the remaining cookies to form cookie sandwiches.
- Press mini chocolate chips into the sides of the cookie sandwiches as garnish. Enjoy!
Keywords: cookie sandwiches