Cookie Egg Nests
Our friend Emily, @emsnutfreeeats, shares her take on a festive Easter treat, making these Sugar Cookie Egg Nests!
Recipe & photos by @emsnutfreeeats.
- 1/2 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup your favorite buttercream/frosting
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup green sprinkles
- 1 box small mint chocolate eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and let Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough come to room temperature so it becomes soft to touch.
- Grease mini muffin tins with cooking spray or oil of choice.
- Press ½ portion cookie dough into each muffin cavity and press along the sides of the pan to form a cup shape. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies have risen into cookie cups and edges are lightly golden.
- Cool pan on a wire baking rack for at least 20 minutes. Don’t remove the cookie nests from the pan until completely cooled.
- Fill each cookie nest with enough frosting to reach the top, about ½ to 1 tablespoon icing.
- Press the sprinkles into the top of the icing, until the icing is fully covered.
- Decorate the top of the cookie cups by pressing in three chocolate eggs. Enjoy!