Cinnamon Iced Sugar Cookies with Candied Pecans
We love infusing warm cinnamon flavor into our unbelievably good Sugar Cookie recipes, like these Cinnamon Iced Sugar Cookies with Candied Pecans.
Ice Sweet Loren’s baked Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon Icing and Candied Pecans to create these tasty treats, made with a whole lotta love!
- 1 package Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325℉
- Place Cookie Dough portions on parchment paper lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake 11-14 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed. Cool cookies for 15-20 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, mix together the pecans and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Spread the sticky pecan mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake in a 350F oven for 3-6 minutes, until bubbly and fragrant. Allow the sticky pecans to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the icing combine confectioners sugar, water, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork until smooth and lump free.
Spread 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls of cinnamon icing onto a cookie and sprinkle with candied pecans.
Repeat step 7 until all the cookies are decorated with icing and pecans. Enjoy!
Pro Baking Tip: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days.